Tail: Starling fluey barbs
Body: Argentinean hare, medium grey and olive - mixed
Hackle/thorax: Starling; Argentinean hare, dark grey and olive - twisted

Cheers,
Hans W
Stephen

Re: Dirty Spider

Post by Stephen » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:52 am

This one really catches the eye. Can't quite put my finger on what is so eye catching. Maybe the way it just flows. Very, very nice fly.
daringduffer

Post by daringduffer » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:43 am

This one has the same busy look as a fly tied by Eric Peper. Both turn me into a firm believer. You can't fail with either of them. Suppose I have a dirty mind...

dd
William Anderson
Site Admin

Post by William Anderson » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:32 am

This pattern comes close to my ideal fly. I'm starting to feel like the dubbed bodies and additional movement in the hackle are what I have the most confidence in for wet flies. Sunken spinners and cripples maybe a bit more lean, but this is something I really seem to be into at the moment. I've been tying pine squirrel bodies, medium spikey with a CdL hen hackle on a Daiichi 1530 in different sizes and see it as my go to flie right now.

Hans, Its nice to see the natural materials. All of your efferts have been inspirational, but these do more for me. thanks .

William
"A man should not try to eliminate his complexes, but rather come into accord with them. They are ultimately what directs his conduct in the world." Sigmund Freud.
www.WilliamsFavorite.com
tie2fish

Post by tie2fish » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:13 am

"Hans, Its nice to see the natural materials. All of your efferts have been inspirational, but these do more for me. thanks ."

William

I agree with William.
Some of the same morons who throw their trash around in National parks also vote. That alone would explain the state of American politics. ~ John Gierach, "Still Life with Brook Trout"
letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:06 pm

Exceptionally buggy looking pattern. I will gratefully add these to my fly box. Looks like a very adaptable pattern (colors, size, hackle,...).
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean