The Artistic flies of Mark Romero

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

fly_fischa

Re: Artistic JazzFlies

Post by fly_fischa » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:28 am

Kars, pay attention.....the name has been changed.....look underneath the pic..... :roll:
Gee, talk about tough love, now you want me to read the grey fine print too? You're killing me... :o :( And I thought it high praise that I never made it past the photo to the fine print, silly me. 'Passion for Rivers', does that mean I pass? ;)
tie2fish

Post by tie2fish » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:33 am

"Passion for Rivers" is perfectly purple, with a touch of envy at each end. Another painting on a (painted) hook. Amazing.
Some of the same morons who throw their trash around in National parks also vote. That alone would explain the state of American politics. ~ John Gierach, "Still Life with Brook Trout"
willowhead

Post by willowhead » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:11 pm

Tkx. Bill........ ;)

Kars.....three little words..........that cover a wwhhhooooollllllleeeee lotta territory. "Rough Out Here." :lol:
Learn to see with your ears and hear with your eyes
CAUSE, it don't mean a thing, if it aint got that swing.....

http://www.pureartflytying.ning.com
Kelly L.

Post by Kelly L. » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:40 am

Mark, another beauty, what I can I say? You have it going on, that's for sure.
letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:16 pm

Mark - I just opened my Christmas presents from my parents and they got me a pair of the 2.25 power Hat Eyes magnifying glasses (the ones with the metal frame for mounting on the brim of a baseball cap). Man, are these things awesome. I just started playing around with them and I think these are going to be very useful for my tying demonstration later this month. Once you showed me these thing at Roscoe, I had been meaning to pick up a pair. My folks found them on Cabelas.

Thanks for showing these to me. Now I can be a fly-tying uber geek. :ugeek: (chuckle)
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean
willowhead

Artistic JazzFlies

Post by willowhead » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:02 pm

Thankx Kelly, i'm very glad you like it.

That's great Ray........those things are great.........i can't do a show without them...........or go fishin' for that matter. i get to the river without it.........time to go home, PERIOD. But, soon i think, i'm going to have to start using the old man thing, that you actually wear on your head, even at shows. i never tye at home without that and it works MUCH better then the thing on your ballcap brim. You'll be ok with that for a certain number of years, as i have been.............but eventually...........even that doesn't do it.......i mean becuase you simply get fed-up with all the leaning in & out to be in focus. Once your eyes begin to go...........there is no perfect situation...........it all SUCKX! But i've found that tying at home with the thing you actually wear on your head aint bad.............course at home, you don't have to constantly be looking up to foucus on whomever it is sitting in front of you, like at a show either........ :roll: So i'm sure usin' that thing at a show will be a pain in the butt too........ :lol: However i do see quite a few tyers at shows doin' just that, so i spose you get used to wharever you have to. ;)
Last edited by willowhead on Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:48 pm

I tyed a couple flies with my Hat Eyes on this afternoon. They worked quite well, but I agree with you. My jeweler type (head-band mounted) magnifiers do a better job. I just don't want to use the head-band type when doing a tying demonstration. Probably time for a new set of glasses anyways.

willowhead

Post by willowhead » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:39 am

You sound as vain as me........ :lol: so far, i've just resisted wearing that thing in public............just makes you look old..........but.......since (specially lately) i feel bout 200 anyway............what the hell. Tyin' with the thing on your hat brim works ok........but it's a pin by comparison to the jewlers deal. Mine's even got lights on the sides....... :D ............well.........i may have to go into the hospital for a while...........i don't really know yet. But if i'm not here.....that's why. :roll:

letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:46 pm

Be nice to the nurses. ;)

willowhead

Post by willowhead » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:11 pm

i got nurses wrapped round my little finger.....they be lined up to............ :D ............it's the damn doctors.........."hold me back" :evil: :evil: :evil:

i called a gasto-intestinal doctor today.........son of a ***** told me Feb.............i could ******* be dead by then.............. :roll: ........these frickin' rackteers have so many "customers"...........they couldn't care less if i was................there's plenty more where i came from.............."NEXT"
the baby-boomer generation has these suckers rollin' in clover..........and they know it. :x :x :x :x :x
Last edited by willowhead on Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.