The Artistic flies of Mark Romero

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

kanutripr

Re: Artistic JazzFlies

Post by kanutripr » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:34 am

I really like the bead on this one. And that hook gives such a sense of speed and rhythm. It kind of makes me think of one of those fast speed boats. Hopefully Mark can fill us in on his thoughts and feelings of this one.

Vicki
Listen with your ears, hear with your heart.
Kelly L.

Post by Kelly L. » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:26 pm

Beautiful fly! :D
willowhead

Post by willowhead » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:37 pm

Thankx guys, the original titile was "Heard It Through The Grapevine" .....then, i just cut it back to a shortened version of the refrain, "Honey Honey"...... ;)
So Bill, your half way right.........one for the front portion of the body, one for the bead. 8-) This bead KILLS, live, up-close, & in person. :D

Morphine time..........OH YEAH! :lol:

Vicki, it's an Alex Hayes thin wire, very Speyish hook. :) You'll be getting some of those. :D
Learn to see with your ears and hear with your eyes
CAUSE, it don't mean a thing, if it aint got that swing.....

http://www.pureartflytying.ning.com
kanutripr

Post by kanutripr » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:01 pm

Wow thanks Mark! I will have to come up with something EXTRA special with those.

It's good to see you. Have a good day today, eh? :D

Vicki
Listen with your ears, hear with your heart.
Kelly L.

Post by Kelly L. » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:53 pm

Mark, I miss hearing from you. I do hope you are doing alright. Fill us in when you are able.
willowhead

Post by willowhead » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:14 am

well.....just two more days of radiation............... Bill will arrive here on Fri., the last radiation treatment day. Bill and i will spend the weekend putting together packages for everyone comming to the Roscoe Rendezvous. Between that group, and all the others who are getting stuff (but who will not be in Roscoe), bout a grand total of 35% of my stuff is bein' given away.....Misa keeps the rest.....until she passes and then a Trust we're setting up will dispense the rest, with the Truatee free to (to a pre-determined and agreed upon amount/degree), help himself, before dispensing. It gets a tad more involved and whatever, but we're making every effort to keep it as simple as possible.
Btw, for those who don't know already.....our own Doug of the Den.....is related to the very well known actor, Tango dancer and fly fisherman, Robert Duval. i just had to watch Broken Trail again last night. It's a double length movie.....180 minutes and currently $5 at Walmart. Do yourself a favor.....and check out, the Duval-Haul. :D
Learn to see with your ears and hear with your eyes
CAUSE, it don't mean a thing, if it aint got that swing.....

http://www.pureartflytying.ning.com
Kelly L.

Post by Kelly L. » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:44 pm

I bet you will be glad to have radiation behind you. I love Robert Duvall! He is one of my favorite actors. He is one of the best actors out there in my opinion. It was good to hear from you Mark. :D
DOUGSDEN

Post by DOUGSDEN » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:40 pm

Dearest Mark,
You have let the cat out of the bag!! It's true. Me and Uncle Bob! The trouble is....practically everyone with that famous last name is related to him! Kelly L., I too love his career. My favorite character? This is terrible....from Lonesome Dove....the lovable cowboy who travels north with....(the main character in "Men in Black").....Tommy Lee Jones?
Mark, the flies Bill posted are just wonderful! A true American Classic....You that is!! :D
Your pal in Ohio, which is close to Hollywood,
Dougs-den Duvall
Fish when you can, not when you should! Anything short of this is just a disaster.
Kelly L.

Post by Kelly L. » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:51 pm

What I want to know is, do you sound like him? I know his voice anywhere. He is quite a character I would imagine! (in real life) :D
letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:02 pm

He may be famous and all, but can he tye flies as good as you Doug? ;)

Mark (willowhead) - We are missing you, old friend. You remain in my thoughts and prayers. Bill showed me a photo of the box of flies you tyed for the Sow Bug show. Outstanding set of flies.
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean