My Latest Junk.....

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

Mataura mayfly

Re: My Latest Junk.....

Post by Mataura mayfly » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:53 am

Junk? Piffle!
Having received some of your very trout worthy flies in the past and using them for their intended purpose, you Sir do not tie junk.
Very good looking patterns that I would have every faith in.

Only time I get hooks stuck in skin like that....... they are usually past the barb!
"Listen to the sound of the river and you will get a trout".... Irish proverb.
DUBBN

Post by DUBBN » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:18 pm

Outstanding patterns Doug! You are amazing sir!
Old Hat

Post by Old Hat » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:39 am

Beauties from the den!
I hate it when I think I'm buying organic vegetables, and when I get home I discover they are just regular donuts.
http://www.oldhatflytying.com
crazy4oldcars

Post by crazy4oldcars » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:35 am

JUNK?!?!? Gads, man! You're talking trash on one of our favorite tyers! You better watch yourself, or we will send someone 'round to deal with you! :twisted:

Beautiful flies, Doug. The one you are impaled with is one for the ages. I like the full collar look. (I must, because I tie so many like it. :D) Some of the old masters must have, too, because the plates in the early books show many flies just as fully hackled.
It might be an interesting experiment to tie on a team with a heavy and a sparse hackled fly and see if there is a preference on any given day. Maybe even go so far as to swap places in the cast every so often. My little panfish pals don't seem to care much either way. I haven't tried this with a team of flies, but, fished consecutively, there didn't seem to be much difference in catch rate.

Kirk