Salar's Nemesis Redux

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

redsedge

Re: Salar's Nemesis Redux

Post by redsedge » Thu May 24, 2018 11:06 pm

This is very interesting to see the interpretations of Syl's Nemesis. My copy of the book has the fly, tied by Mr. N., attached to the first page. I have not the skills to post them here, but I am able to email photos to someone here with the know how to get the job done. IM me if you are interested.
Cheers,
Jim
tie2fish

Post by tie2fish » Fri May 25, 2018 6:51 pm

Here is a photo of the Salar's Nemesis fly contained in the Nemes book owned by "Redsedge" (Jim Anderson). This fly was tied by Sylvester Nemes, so copies should pretty much look like it.

Some of the same morons who throw their trash around in National parks also vote. That alone would explain the state of American politics. ~ John Gierach, "Still Life with Brook Trout"
UC Steve

Post by UC Steve » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:28 am

Lovely attractor patt, Bill. Good idea to shrink it down thus. Looks like it would kill on pre-spawn brookies & browns. Also landlocked salmon in Maine, in the #12. I have some #10 Alec Jackson straight-eye models I've been saving, & now I know what i've been saving them for. Have to try this one on the UC. Will report. Thanks for sharing it. I like everybody's interpretation of it. The Nemes tie is a bit sloppy (elongated, & the nail pinching the hackle) but I doubt fish would know. :geek:
Smuggler

Post by Smuggler » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:30 pm

Nice fly Bill,

You're probably right to assume that this fly was probably tied to imitate shrimp. I can definitely see that.

Thanks for posting this one.