Dark Hare's Ear Spider (Leisenring Style)

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

fleaflicker

Re: Dark Hare's Ear Spider (Leisenring Style)

Post by fleaflicker » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:43 am

CreationBear wrote:Math--
Good to have you on board--I was wondering if you happened to know Stuart Tod? He was kind enough to take me fishing on the Usk a couple of years ago...beautiful country y'all have over there. :) I had just time enough for a daytrip down from Birmingham, but I keep daydreaming of taking a longish walk along the Dyke sometime soon.
Thank you
Re: Stuart Tod: Is this The same Stuart Tod of Cadno tackle?? If so, i do not know him and only just very recently found out he himself a maker of cane wands is just up the road from myself, also a maker of silk flylines, so close , literally, maybe 10mins away i guess... Now, there was me thinking i was totally alone in the lands of Wales chipp chipping away at cane :D I would like to meet up with the chap and chat common ground or b/s :D
You certainly could not go wrong in fishing the usk with a flymp if that was the plan of attack? We have many hatches that at the best of times in the thick of it, call for patterns to be draped miuscus like, damp, or dampp/sub, notably sedge & especially the yellow may (sulphur) when all dun naturals riding the surface immitations alike are all snubbed... It is a great river to learn from, the art of headscratching can soon be mastered on that water ;)

Math
gavennyrodco.blogspot.com
CreationBear

Post by CreationBear » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:17 pm

the art of headscratching can soon be mastered on that water
Ha...a small world, indeed. I have to admit that I came closer to catching hypothermia when my "travel" rain gear wasn't up to a sudden squall than I did my first Cambrian trout, but the welsh cakes back at the flyshop saw me through... :)

At any rate, Stuart definitely has a great cane collection, including some amazing lancewood and greenheart rods--our forefathers must have had stronger wrists and/or rotator cuffs than most of us do these days! (BTW, I was admiring your work on your website...great looking rods and photography through out. :) )
willowhead

Post by willowhead » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:46 pm

Matt.....when Misa finally finds time the pics will be here. http://www.swallowsnest.shutterfly.com Soon, i hope. ;)
Learn to see with your ears and hear with your eyes
CAUSE, it don't mean a thing, if it aint got that swing.....

http://www.pureartflytying.ning.com