Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

Roadkill

Re: Fuzzle Flymph

Post by Roadkill » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:53 am

8-) fly!!
Old Hat

Post by Old Hat » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:00 pm

Hey Ron, the actual Fuzzle Dub fibers are about 1" in length. It is very fine. Very similar to Senyo's Lazer Dubbing or Bernat Acrylic yarn.
I hate it when I think I'm buying organic vegetables, and when I get home I discover they are just regular donuts.
http://www.oldhatflytying.com
Ron Eagle Elk

Post by Ron Eagle Elk » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:09 pm

Thanks, Carl. I'll try the Aunt Lydia's and see what results I get.
"A man may smile and bid you hale yet curse you to the devil, but when a good dog wags his tail he is always on the level"
Bazzer69

Post by Bazzer69 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:53 am

Old Hat wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:52 pm I found it under 2 different names. MFC has it as Micro Lucent Chenille and UTC has it as Micro Herl Chenille. Both are a crystal chenille about 2mm diameter. I found the MFC stuff at Galloup's Slide Inn and the UTC at Arrick's in W. Yellowstone. You just dub a good amount of dubbing right onto the chenille and brush it out.
That is a great method of making a body, never heard of it before. I’m going to see if I can find some. The op fly is a great looking female Caddis imitation, I would put his one on fished damp or wet!
Barry
Love both fly fishing and fly tying, been doing it for a while
But not much good at either
Variant

Post by Variant » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:12 pm

Hi Carl,
Great looking fly. I am going to tie some up and try using mohair for the dubbing.
Thanks for the inspiration,Lou
In sport,method is everything.The more the skill the method calls for,the higher it’s yield of emotional stir and satisfaction,the higher it’s place must be in a sportsman’s scale of values. RODERICK HAIG-BROWN
Old Hat

Post by Old Hat » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:12 am

I have tried this technique with Kid Mohair which is a little finer and softer. It worked fine but was still a bit more scraggly. What happens is the coarser the dubbing the less tangled up with the chenille it becomes when you dub onto the chenille. When you go to brush it out too much of it is pulled from the body.
I hate it when I think I'm buying organic vegetables, and when I get home I discover they are just regular donuts.
http://www.oldhatflytying.com