Peacock-Furnace and Wren (wool) Soft Hackle

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

Ron Eagle Elk

Re: Peacock-Furnace and Wren (wool) Soft Hackle

Post by Ron Eagle Elk » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:36 am

Ray, Thank you, Sir. I really appreciate all the effort you put into getting info for the rest of us (well, okay, me.) :D

Update: I just looked at the color options available. That could be dangerous. So many beautiful colors to tie with.
"A man may smile and bid you hale yet curse you to the devil, but when a good dog wags his tail he is always on the level"
upstatetrout

Post by upstatetrout » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:57 am

Ray you tie an amazingly beautiful fly.

Tom
"We argue to see who is right but we discuss to see what is right"
Ron Eagle Elk

Post by Ron Eagle Elk » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:46 am

Just tried to order from Jamieson's Shetland web site and was told they can't ship to the US. On the hunt for other sources of the colors I want.

Update: Found a source in Seattle, order has been placed. Once it arrives I'll post some pics and share it around. Man, they have some great, fishy, colors.
"A man may smile and bid you hale yet curse you to the devil, but when a good dog wags his tail he is always on the level"
letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:37 am

Ron - Feel free to post a link to your newfound source of yarn. Other's may be interested in this as well.
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean
Ron Eagle Elk

Post by Ron Eagle Elk » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:00 pm

Oops, my bad. Here's the link to Little Knits in Seattle.

LINK: https://littleknits.com/new-products/ja ... drift.html

I ordered colors, Fog, Wren, Grouse, Autumn and Moorland. Once in hand I'll be more than willing to share.
Variant

Post by Variant » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:58 am

Ray
You are spot on with the colors of Jamiesons spindrift wool,the variations are endless!
I also have a fondness for using wool for bodies/dubbing,everything from stonefly nymphs,killer bugs and of course flymphs. Your use of wool in your patterns inspired me to utilize this underrated material. Also like Ron and Rodger said, it’s cheap!😀

Lou
In sport,method is everything.The more the skill the method calls for,the higher it’s yield of emotional stir and satisfaction,the higher it’s place must be in a sportsman’s scale of values. RODERICK HAIG-BROWN