Blue Partridge

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

Mike62

Re: Blue Partridge

Post by Mike62 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:51 am

I love the ties, they're absolutely beautiful. As for Doug's assertion that our finny friends fall all about themselves in an effort to attack those delightful morsels..., all evidence to the contrary! Maybe it's a midwest thing... I do like the idea that Trout can perceive aesthetic beauty and act upon it. *sigh* apparently my Trout are a pedestrian breed.

I know purple is the color of Royalty and perhaps I'm simply living among proletariat waters but I can find no useful purpose for its existence beyond that of sheer beauty when lashed to a hook.

...and there's a reason you won't find a single mention of the color blue in the 'Odyssey', Homer tried to fish with it, went hungry and damn near didn't finish the story.
ronr

Re: Blue Partridge

Post by ronr » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:33 am

A friend of mine, Tim Romano, did the underwater photography in a book "What Trout See". In their book research, they theorized that blue and purple stood out in stained water...and that those colors attracted lots of hits in the early spring runoff up in Colorado..I tested the theory on the headwaters of the Rio Grande some years ago and a purple San Yuan Worm killed em...