Vixen and Hare Flymph

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

ronr

Re: Vixen and Hare Flymph

Post by ronr » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:28 am

sweet... but where does the average schmuck come up with a vixen fox....or coyote for that matter
letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:44 am

Carl - When I was looking at your past couple photos, I marveled at the narrow DOF in the pictures. What aperture setting are you using? Looks like your using a really nice macro lens. Makes me want to play around with my good camera again. I've mostly transitioned to my iPhone for most photography these days. It's fine for most stuff, but when I see images like this, I realize how much better images can be.

I'm hoping you write a book some day... You could call it "Fuzzy Flymphs in Focus". ;)
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean
daringduffer

Post by daringduffer » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:10 pm

One would have to be Dougsden's twin brother to do that tying justice. Exquisite.
And that hook again. The mystery hook.
And primrose green.
Very beautiful.

dd
Old Hat

Post by Old Hat » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:27 am

Ray, I use a Sigma 70mm Macro 1:2.8 for my fly photos. I use a good amount of daylight added to my shots. It is in a sun room so I usually shoot at ISO 200-400 with an aperture of 6.3 to 11 depending on the shot since I move the fly around on different items. I mostly shoot on an old wicker creel in multiple places so I adjust the aperture depending on the background.

Ron - you could check with Mr. Slattery.

Daringduffer - I solved the mystery a few months back. Mustad 98463 Barbless. I found more at an estate sale at a show down to #16.
I hate it when I think I'm buying organic vegetables, and when I get home I discover they are just regular donuts.
http://www.oldhatflytying.com
daringduffer

Post by daringduffer » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:55 pm

Old Hat wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:27 am
Daringduffer - I solved the mystery a few months back. Mustad 98463 Barbless. I found more at an estate sale at a show down to #16.
Good on you, Carl, on both accounts. I will have to look for that hook...

dd