New Section Name

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

Old Hat

New Section Name

Post by Old Hat » Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:21 am

:idea: I vote we just rename this section "Norm's Page". :idea:
I hate it when I think I'm buying organic vegetables, and when I get home I discover they are just regular donuts.
http://www.oldhatflytying.com
Variant

Re: New Section Name

Post by Variant » Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:43 pm

SECOND! 😀

Lou
In sport,method is everything.The more the skill the method calls for,the higher it’s yield of emotional stir and satisfaction,the higher it’s place must be in a sportsman’s scale of values. RODERICK HAIG-BROWN
Ron Eagle Elk

Post by Ron Eagle Elk » Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:06 pm

If that means Norm continues to post his stellar creations on the page, I agree. I've been seeing Norm's flies for about 30 years, back when we were both on FAOL a lot. I never get tired of seeing his work and reading the back ground of the fly.
"A man may smile and bid you hale yet curse you to the devil, but when a good dog wags his tail he is always on the level"
Roadkill

Post by Roadkill » Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:47 pm

I would suggest "Winged Wet Flies AKA Norm's Page" ;) :D
DUBBN

Post by DUBBN » Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:05 pm

I am surprised the FAOL fly tying board wasnt named after him years ago.
DOUGSDEN

Post by DOUGSDEN » Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:05 pm

Is there a petition we need to sign? I will sign it right away! Great suggestion Carl! Keep up the good work Norm! We love every minute of it!
Doug
Fish when you can, not when you should! Anything short of this is just a disaster.
nfrechet

Post by nfrechet » Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:55 am

thanks but i dont think thats necessary

i apologize for posting flies i like to tie

maybe i tie more than others

REE - i include the background of the fly when its available in the books or website i get the fly from. a lot of books just dont supply that info

be glad there isnt a salmon/steelhead category on here :D :D
Flytiers sure have a way at making things difficult
Ron Eagle Elk

Post by Ron Eagle Elk » Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:03 am

nfrechet wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:55 am thanks but i dont think thats necessary

i apologize for posting flies i like to tie

maybe i tie more than others

REE - i include the background of the fly when its available in the books or website i get the fly from. a lot of books just dont supply that info

be glad there isnt a salmon/steelhead category on here :D :D
Norm, appreciate the info you post when you have it. When I read the name of the book you got the info on the Foxhole from I went and looked on my bookshelf. Yup, there it was, in the "to read" section. Thanks for the bump to action.

As it turns out, Don Corey, the President of my fly club and owner of the local fly shop dressed the Stimulator for Ballard's book.
"A man may smile and bid you hale yet curse you to the devil, but when a good dog wags his tail he is always on the level"
ronr

Post by ronr » Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:25 am

Norm certainly deserves a page. He puts a lot more time and effort into tying than many of us combined and his photos are always top notch. I can count on there being something in the new posts almost every day because Norm take the time to share his work.
nfrechet

Post by nfrechet » Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:14 pm

I know you all mean well but it would be unfair to all of the other excellent tyers here to have a category named for just one person

I’m fine with tying a variety of patterns and posting them to the appropriate forum categories. I enjoy tying a variety of patterns and posting them here and on other forums

Thank you for the consideration but it’s not necessary
Flytiers sure have a way at making things difficult