First Own Photo

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

willowhead

Re: First Own Photo

Post by willowhead » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:57 pm

Hey t2f.....VERY nice tenkara tye. WELL done. We just got home a few hours ago.....i got sick on the way home so we didn't make it to the house on Wed. as planned. Stayed in Branson, Missery on Wed. and Thurs. nights.....home now (Fri.), gotta get ready for the NFL on Sun. :D Less than 2 hours away and i just couldn't go no more.....was snowin' like KArazy and i was sweatin' with a fevor.....so we used some points and holed up for bout 35 hours. Anyway.....when i got to the post office i was pleased to see something from you in the mail.....thankx.....but i gotta tell ya, it outta be against the law to get that much mail in just two weeks. i couldn't even get all the packages in the truck, what with not having unloaded yet from the trip. :roll: One package was another shipment (16) of hooks from Alex Hayes......the BIG un's. They're already paired up with beads and packaged and stored. Got the 4 pieces of artwork hung already too. Next trip is to Louisiana for a little local one day show in a church next month. Can't wait to see what they'll have on the menu. :lol: Enjoy the book, keep tyin' them tenkara flies, and Misa is expecting to hear from you by email. ;)
Learn to see with your ears and hear with your eyes
CAUSE, it don't mean a thing, if it aint got that swing.....

http://www.pureartflytying.ning.com
tie2fish

Post by tie2fish » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:20 am

Thanks, w'head. I took a few of my Tenkara ties along to Somerset and dropped a couple on Bruce Corwin just to see what he thought. He was very complimentary and told me later that he got some very positive reactions when he showed them to some Japanese folks at the show. I'm really quite encouraged, 'specially since I've only tied about a dozen total in that style. I'll be getting in touch with Misako soon about the rod.
Some of the same morons who throw their trash around in National parks also vote. That alone would explain the state of American politics. ~ John Gierach, "Still Life with Brook Trout"
kanutripr

Post by kanutripr » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:40 am

Beautiful fly tie2fish. The pic is very clear which can be tough as you start taking macros but it is good for editing (if you have a program that will allow that). You can just "cut out" the part of the pic that has the subject and it will appear bigger. I find macros with a point and shoot automatic camera can be tough if the light isn't quite right because the automatic features of the camera start to take over. It can be frustrating but keep trying you will get it. I look forward to a close up. I'm still resisting the temptation but tenkara sounds fun.

Mark, glad to see you made it home in one piece. Being sick on the road sukx big time! Hope you're feeling better!

Vicki
Listen with your ears, hear with your heart.
willowhead

Post by willowhead » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:35 pm

Thankx Vicki.....being sick suckx period, but yes.....it's even worser on the road...........worser. What really sucked was having to use two nights worth of hotel points just to hole-up only two hours away from home........but.......bleep happens. :roll: Fortunately, we've got lots of points saved up. :D

t2f.....Misako says she's heard from you.....thankx. Glad you got to go to Somerset......i always looked SO forward to that show every year, and by the time the three days were over......i was usually dang glad........lmao. i use to get there on Turs. afternoon to set up the CFTG table or the TGF table or the IWFF table or the WFFJ table or some conbination of all of them. Then help pack them up at the end too......and get the CFTG "Stuff" back to Roscoe...........Somerset can wear you OUT! But it's big fun. ;)
Learn to see with your ears and hear with your eyes
CAUSE, it don't mean a thing, if it aint got that swing.....

http://www.pureartflytying.ning.com