purple and partridge and bwo soft hackled emerger

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

willowhead

Re: purple and partridge and bwo soft hackled emerger

Post by willowhead » Fri May 27, 2011 12:06 am

Otto, Misako will be very interested to know your using a 10 ft. 3 wt. for fishing such flies........tkx. ;)
Learn to see with your ears and hear with your eyes
CAUSE, it don't mean a thing, if it aint got that swing.....

http://www.pureartflytying.ning.com
newriverspey

Post by newriverspey » Fri May 27, 2011 6:33 am

the body of the bwo is medium dunn colored ultra thread and the ribbing is yellow silk. willow, the 10ft 3wt is a blast to use and i love it for swinging soft hackled flies and for dry fly fishing. fred paddock out of new york made the rod for me on a new zealand made blank and i also have a 10ft 5 wt. i must also apologize for addressing everyone as "gents". my significant other (sorry carmen) was offended and told me how she enjoys the sport as well. so, my apologies if i offended anyone because i know there are many females that also enjoy the sport of fly fishing and tying.
William Anderson
Site Admin

Post by William Anderson » Fri May 27, 2011 10:45 am

Otto, I like these tiny little flies. I use a 10' 3wt more often then not. I liked it so much I bought a 10' 5wt to broaden my options, strung it up (Bill was with me) and tried it out for about 10 minutes...walked back to the truck and grabbed the 10' 3wt. I will take it out again, but it's hard to pass up fishing the 3wt. It's just more fun.

w
"A man should not try to eliminate his complexes, but rather come into accord with them. They are ultimately what directs his conduct in the world." Sigmund Freud.
www.WilliamsFavorite.com
newriverspey

Post by newriverspey » Fri May 27, 2011 12:22 pm

william,
i love both my 10 footers and they work very well on the south holston. fred paddock made both my rods but the 3 wt is my go to rod. the rio gold line works well on the rods. by the way, glad to meet someone else from virginia on this forum. small world after all. thanks for the comment. otto