Macro Fly Photography - A Process

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

Hans Weilenmann

Re: Macro Fly Photography - A Process

Post by Hans Weilenmann » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:55 am

William Anderson wrote:Hans, a quick question. You stated above "I am not sure where fixed lens vs. interchangable lens influences the focal length." I shoot, both on my compact camera and my DSLR in aperture priority mode. If the equations that determine the depth of field for both types of cameras result to little difference, this is a non issue, but, my purpose for raising the topic to begin with was that in many of the early photographs I discussed the f/stop used resulting in various depths of field. I wanted to clarify any confusion if others were looking at those numbers and expecting similar results. I didn't want to be posting misleading information. When I post comparative images with stated f/stops, I thought that information would be useful, but if conversions are necessary for each individual camera, those stated f/stops are of little value to the reader, other than to describe results with higher or lower f/stops or aperture settings.
William,

As the sensor size in the respective cameras is hugely different in size, and also the focal lengths, the aperture used is very relevant - as is providing such info as to allow different images shot with this mix of cameras to be compared.

Cheers,
Hans W
letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:25 am

For the photo novices in the audience (me included), the following link provides a nice overview of buying camera lenses.

A Beginner's Guide to Buying Camera Lenses: http://lenses.reviewed.com/buying-guide ... ign=collab
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean
Mataura mayfly

Post by Mataura mayfly » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:17 pm

letumgo wrote:For the photo novices in the audience (me included), the following link provides a nice overview of buying camera lenses.
Then there is the other guide......." have a fat wallet!"
"Listen to the sound of the river and you will get a trout".... Irish proverb.
letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:15 pm

Bumping topic, since there was a recent question about photography.
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean
William Anderson
Site Admin

Post by William Anderson » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:40 pm

Ray, there are some interesting comments in this thread as well as quite a lot of work, but man did this thread ever go on and off the rails. It’s useful in a crime scene forensics kind of way. There’s good stuff here, but you’re going to have to gather some evidence and attribute motives and then start ruling out suspects. :D
"A man should not try to eliminate his complexes, but rather come into accord with them. They are ultimately what directs his conduct in the world." Sigmund Freud.
www.WilliamsFavorite.com
Stendalen

Post by Stendalen » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:23 pm

"It’s useful in a crime scene forensics kind of way."
:D :D :D

William Anderson wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:40 pm Ray, there are some interesting comments in this thread as well as quite a lot of work, but man did this thread ever go on and off the rails. It’s useful in a crime scene forensics kind of way. There’s good stuff here, but you’re going to have to gather some evidence and attribute motives and then start ruling out suspects. :D
"...because it enriches my soul..."
https://www.facebook.com/stendalenflyfish/