Conover Flymph Tutorial by Bill Shuck (tie2fish) / Photos by Ray Tucker (letumgo)

Moderators: William Anderson, letumgo

Theroe

Re: Conover Flymph Tutorial by Bill Shuck (tie2fish) / Photos by Ray Tucker (letumgo)

Post by Theroe » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:39 am

letumgo wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:03 pm Yes. Bill used to use the tip of a bodkin needle to hold the spun body away from the hook (90 degree angle), and then spin the hackle plier to tighten it up a bit, before wrapping the body forward. Easy peasy.
Seems like yesterday- I believe that was Bill‘s last outing.
I really miss that guy.....

Dana
Soft and wet - the only way....
Old Hat

Re: Conover Flymph Tutorial by Bill Shuck (tie2fish) / Photos by Ray Tucker (letumgo)

Post by Old Hat » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:33 pm

I had forgot about this tutorial. I am going to put a link to it on my website at the photo of Bill's Conover Flymph.
I hate it when I think I'm buying organic vegetables, and when I get home I discover they are just regular donuts.
http://www.oldhatflytying.com
RickA

Post by RickA » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:28 pm

I have a Conover that Bill gave me at FlyFest '19.
It's in my collection with some of Wulff, Dette, Betters, and Gartside's ties.
Priceless to me
letumgo
Site Admin

Post by letumgo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:51 pm

Carl - Thanks for linking to Bill's tutorial on your site. It is a nice way to honor our friend Bill. Kudos.

Ron - I remember you sitting with Bill at the museum and getting that fly. I was really glad he was able to make it to the event. It was my first time attending the February event at the museum. Hope to see you there again at some point in the future.
Ray (letumgo)----<°))))))><
http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php? ... er=letumgo

"The world is perfect. Appreciate the details." - Dean